Code of Conduct, the codex of Konline¶
The Code of Conduct below describes some rules that will allow everyone to have fun during the convention. Follow them while participating in the event.
Basically: act just like every other day when you want to be safe and keep others safe. During any game session or while chatting to each other everyone should feel safe. It is not acceptable to attack other participants in any way.
While playing or participating in a discussion follow these rules:
- don’t harass other convention participants
- respect the independence of other convention participants
- don’t publish illegal content
- if you want to record or stream your programme (including sessions), inform other participants before starting. Don’t do it without their agreement
We shall not tolerate any unpleasant or undesirable behaviour towards other participants, such as:
- any insulting comments, e.g. regarding sex, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, being on the autism spectrum, looks, body, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, language or religion
- unwanted comments regarding the choices and lifestyle of a given person, including those pertaining to food, health, parenting or work
- spreading erotic or pornographic content
- insulting comments towards a specific person, even if this person is not specifically mentioned, especially mockery and criticism in bad faith
- slander and libel, be it spoken or written, no matter where it is published, involving another convention participant
- theft or appropriation of other people’s property (including digital products)
- taking part in the convention while inebriated or intoxicated
- inciting anyone to violence, including inciting to suicide or self-harm
- harassment or stalking, both physical and digital
- harassment by taking photos or recordings, including registering another person’s online activities with the intent of harassment
- repeated disturbance of communication
- inappropriate social conduct, such as initiating unwanted intimate contact with others
- intentional reveal of any aspect of another person’s identity without said person’s agreement, unless it is necessary to protect the safety of other Konline participants
If you experience any of those behaviours and need support, if you notice someone being a victim of such behaviours or if you have other concerns, contact us on a dedicated Discord channel: #helpdesk-org. You can also send a private message to the following people:
Konline’s Code of Conduct was prepared based on the Open Hearth Gaming community’s Code of Conduct.
General Terms and Conditions¶
- The Konline online event, hereafter referred to as the Convention, takes place from 20-22 October 2023 via online platforms: Discord and Google Meets.
- Participation in the Convention is synonymous with acceptance of these Terms and conditions.
- The Organizer of the Convention is Stowarzyszenie Miłośników Fantastyki AVANGARDA, ul. Targowa 66/22, 03-734 Warszawa, KRS 0000272294, REGON 140858970, NIP 113-26-66-535 - hereinafter referred to as the Organizer.
- The Convention is intended for persons over 16 years of age. Persons under this age should take part in the Convention only with the knowledge and consent of their legal guardians.
- The Convention is a non-commercial event.
- The Convention is a closed event, in which only those who have accepted the Terms and conditions of the Convention may take part.
- The Convention consists of open and closed programme sessions. Participation in the closed sessions is possible after prior registration through a publicly available form.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use materials from the Convention (screenshots, recordings and others) containing the personal image of participants for promotional purposes.
- The Organizer undertakes that recording of programme sessions will be each time dependent on the consent of the persons conducting a given programme session.
- All participants are obliged to follow the generally accepted rules of personal culture and refrain from aggression towards other Convention participants, regardless of their role and status, under pain of expulsion from the Convention.
- Each participant is obliged to submit to the decisions of the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change and supplement the program of the event.
- The Organizer is not responsible for moral and health damages of the Convention participants.
- Persons who do not comply with the Terms and conditions may be removed from the Convention’s Internet platforms without the possibility of appeal.
- The Organizer decides about the matters not included in the Terms and conditions.
- All disputes related to the organization of the Convention will be settled on the basis of Polish law in the court appropriate for the city of the Organizer.